WCOWMA Onsite Wastewater Management Association of BC
The WCOWMA Onsite Wastewater Management of BC (WCOWMA-BC) is a not-for-profit organization with a mandate to support its member authorized persons in providing safe and effective wastewater management for landowners. We do this by delivering in-class and field training opportunities for onsite practitioners, providing networking and learning opportunities for industry stakeholders, forging positive relationships with local and provincial regulators, and educating the public. WCOWMA-BC’s operating budget is entirely funded through its programs and membership fees.
Supporting members in the provision of safe and effective onsite wastewater management for British Columbians and the environment.
What We Do
WCOWMA-BC provides accessible, quality and recognized in-class education for onsite wastewater practitioners and other professionals, delivers practical in-field training sessions, hosts an annual onsite wastewater industry convention, communicates broadly to its stakeholders on issues that affect their businesses, advocates to local and provincial governments for reasonable standards and regulations that harmonize the needs of industry and the public, and educates landowners on proper practices for caring for their onsite wastewater system.
WCOWMA-BC leads the industry in providing accessible and practical training for onsite wastewater practitioners, and championing for a regulatory environment that allows practitioners to succeed through the responsible provision of onsite wastewater management for British Columbia landowners.
- Openness and Transparency: We operate and communicate in manners that foster trust and respect in all aspects of our industry.
- Forthright: We are straightforward and honest in our communication with all stakeholders.
- Reasonable: We champion equitable and fair treatment for all members.
- Inclusive: We welcome all stakeholders who wish to support efforts toward the betterment of the industry.
- Cooperative: We empathize with the varied interests of our stakeholders, and work together to address issues that provide safe and effective onsite wastewater management.